Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wedding Details

Gift

Thank you so much for all of the cake and dessert love!  Not to mention the strawberry recipes.  Although I have to say that after being immersed in baked goods for the past couple of weeks, the thought of cake makes me a little sick to my stomach at the moment.  So let's talk about the rest of the wedding, shall we?

BlueDressBarn

I had many of you ask about the location of the wedding, which took place at the Blue Dress Barn near St. Joseph, MI.  My sister originally found the location in the 2008 edition of Martha Stewart Weddings magazine.

barn

A shot of the outside of the barn.

Barn looking in

Looking into the barn.

Barn looking out

Looking towards the entrance.  The dessert table is located on the far right, and the bar is on the far left.

Table

We kept the tables pretty simple with a burlap overlay and wildflowers in blue mason jars.  A favor of all the fixings to make s'mores were placed at each seat.

place cards

These are two empty frames that I picked up at a garage sale.  We strung twine around the backs and clipped on the place cards with mini clothespins.

Gift Table

Gift table

Gift Table Sign

Hand stamped paper doilies are clipped to twine for the sign that hangs above the gift table.  It's a bit difficult to see in the previous photo because of the opened window.

Garland

The burlap and coffee filter garlands, seen earlier in this post were finally finished and strung on the balcony above the ceremony site.

Bridal Suite @ the Blue Dress Barn

There is an additional little building next to the barn that is used as a bridal suite so all of the girls can get ready on site.

Smores

If you were still hungry after visiting the dessert table, the bonfire was ready for s'more making!

Guest Book

I found this idea for a guest book amongst many wedding blogs and fell in love.  Everyone puts their thumbprint on the tree branches along with their name, and you have a beautiful piece of art for your home.  I wish I had a picture of the finished product after everyone had left their mark - it turned out beautiful!


Finally - I can't take credit for doing all of this myself.  Not only did my amazing cousin and her girlfriend help out immensely, but we had the best wedding planner in the entire world helping us out with all of the big and little details that can get lost in the shuffle.  The flowers, the bar, the food, the schedule, the setup and tear-down.... I could go on and on.  Thank you so much to Mandi and your team from Element Even Design!

I'll be back later this week with some quilting..... finally!

1 comment:

  1. It all looks beautiful. What a gorgeous location to. Look forward to seeing your quilting, dee x

    ReplyDelete