Sunday, June 26, 2011

My absolute favorite cake recipe (at this moment in time)

Remember this cake?

Cakes

This is the cake that disappeared the fastest from the dessert table at my sister's wedding.  Triple lemon blueberry.  Mmmmm.....

_DSC1554

My husband missed out on this one at the wedding (not quick enough!), so he's been bugging me ever since to make another one.  He really had to twist my arm, of course.

_DSC1557

I found this recipe a while back on Pinterest, and it was practically screaming my name.  I usually adjust a few things in most of the recipes that I use, but this one I found to be pretty much perfect.  My only changes are that I added an extra cup of blueberries, and I divided the batter between two 9" cake pans instead of three 8" pans.  Also, in addition to just the lemon curd, I put a thin layer of the Zesty Lemon frosting between the layers.

_DSC1561

Finally, I also took the baker's advice and sandwiched a layer of vanilla cake between the two lemon blueberry layers.  I think it brings everything together perfectly.

Now wipe the drool off your face and get baking! 


1 comment: