Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Big shirt, little dress

You've got to love the clearance racks at Target. 

_DSC0690_DSC0694

Where else can you find this much knit fabric for $3?

_DSC0695

And turn it into this....

_DSC0791
_DSC0801_DSC0775

_DSC0810
gotta love that face!
This was made using my trusty Tee for Two Pattern, (you can see a shirt version I made here) but I sewed it inside out so that the raw edges are on the inside this time.  I went up a size and made the 2T so Phoebe will (hopefully) be able to wear it for quite a while.

_DSC0805

8 comments:

  1. aaaawwww how clever are you ;-)) That's so cute and looks gorgeous on your little girl. she is soooo very cute bless her. I love the black and white photo at the end it speaks so many words. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea to shop the clearance racks for adult clothes to cut down into kids' clothes! Genius! I'm about to be an aunt two more times and I'll be using this tip to make baby and toddler things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to remember to look for sale knits! Love the dress, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! I get flannel sheets at targe on clearance to make holiday jammoes every year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a cute job with this dress! And she is such a doll! Love her expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another adorable garment lady.
    She is a super doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome awesome awesome! But you already knew that. Target is the best. I can often find cheap stuff at goodwill and refashion into a kids sized shirt too. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stinking cute! If I had a little girl (well, and could sew) this would be top of my list!

    ReplyDelete