Monday, April 4, 2011

Just don't call it a mug rug

_DSC0547

_DSC0553

_DSC0554

_DSC0558

I was not one to join in the Mug Rug craze.  For one - I hate the name mug rug.  For two - I just don't have a need for one.  I have a toddler that destroys all of my possessions for me - if I get a mug ring next to the crayon scribbles on my priceless Ikea furniture, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

_DSC0560

But last week we had a mug rug swap at our monthly meeting of the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild, and I wanted to join in the fun.

_DSC0562

So they're actually pretty darn fun to make.  It's pretty satisfying to be able to finish an entire project from start to finish in one sitting.  Plus, my quilting looked so darn gorgeous and perfect since I wasn't battling with a shoving a ginormous quilt through my machine.

_DSC0645

We exchanged Yankee Swap style, which was a ton of fun, and this little beauty is the one I got in the end - made by the lovely Jenna - who finished making this only a day or so after getting home from the hospital after giving birth to her second baby.  Now that is a hard core quilter!

I'm still not feeling the whole mug rug thing, but do you think it's too late to jump on the doll quilt bandwagon?


3 comments:

  1. It is definitely not too early to get on the doll quilt bandwagon. Phoebe needs quilts for her dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mug rug...sounds like a hairpiece to me, haha. but coasters and doll blankets are a-ok and yours is so pretty with that combination of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage look to those fabrics! Are some of the linens? Also, I think a yankee swap craft exchange sound like too much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete