Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two thousand, five hundred and thirty five

That's how many unread posts are currently in my blog reader.  I guess that's what a super-sick kid, a hospital stay, and three nights of nearly no sleep will do to you.  But thankfully we're back home and on the mend and trying to catch up on everything we've been missing. 

_DSC0821

Here's a (rather large) sneak peak of a quilt top I finished right before all this drama started.  It's the biggest quilt I've ever made, measuring 95x85 inches.  Now the question is - how the heck am I going to get this thing (plus backing and batting) through my machine?


7 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love that quilt! I am just about to start one for my dad that will be about the same size, you'll have to let me know if you come up with any good tips for getting the monster through the machine. My lqs rents long arm machines by the hour, I am thinking that might be the best bet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that quilt is so sunny looking its fabulous ;-) I am glad things are settling back down for you. Good look with getting the quilt through the machine, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you all made it through the drama. Hopefully things will be more peaceful for the future.

    For the quilt that I did of similar size, it was all about straight-line quilting and rolling the beast. I've heard bicycle clips work well to help keep the roll together. But if you have a good roll, then it's not too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is georgeous Emily! How much time does it take you to plan, cut, and sew something that large? It is going to be awesome once its all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with that and hope things get back to normal

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad everything is getting better for you guys! i have a large quilt top (that FFA2 one) waiting as I wonder how to manage it with the machine too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have been living under a rock but I just found your blog and it's gorgeous. I love this quilt! What pattern is it or did you just make it up? (glad your family is healthy again!)

    ReplyDelete