Friday, February 18, 2011

Past Project Friday

Every Friday I will be posting some sort of crafty project that I have completed in the past.  It could be anything from baking, to sewing, needlecrafts art, decorating, etc.

P1030447


This was the first project I made after Phoebe was born.  I went two months without any sewing while I adjusted to motherhood, sleepless nights, and everything else that goes along with becoming a first time parent. 

P1030448


My parents came up for the weekend to spend time with their new grandaughter and I pretty much locked myself in my studio for the day, save for feeding the baby every couple of hours.
P1030449

I finished the entire thing - embroidery and all - that day.

P1030451

It felt amazing to be sewing again.

P1030450

This book is still a big hit, and I'm proud to say that Phoebe does know all of her colors.
P1030452

Tutorial is from here.  I added an extra page to include a couple of extra colors.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love this--just today I was looking through my stash and wanting *something* to do with all the cute prints. I have the perfect recipient too. Great timing; thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Also - I've been trolling all through your blog and your cakes are AMAZING!! You're one multi-talented lady! Nice meeting you the other night, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond wonderful. Adding this to the to-do pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I really want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for jogging my right brain for a great elementary collage idea from magazine pics. We will create a color book

    ReplyDelete