Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Super simple PJ Pants

Fall has definitely arrived here in Michigan these past couple of weeks, and while we still haven't had to resort to turning on the heat (my husband is crazy about the thermostat), it gets pretty cold at night. 
 
 After whipping up this pair of cozy fleece pants in about 15 minutes (seriously!), my goal is to not buy Phoebe any pajamas for the rest of her life.
 

I made these using the Quick Change Trouser pattern from Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner.  My only changes were not using a contrasting yoke fabric, and they are not lined and therefore, not reversible.  Michigan winters or not, two layers of fleece would have been a bit much.  What I love about making these is that since the fleece doesn't fray, I simply finished the edges with a zig zag stitch which cut out the hemming step all together.

Now I just need to find a good shirt pattern that covers that big old baby belly.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Especially the big old baby belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's one of the cutest milk bellies I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete