Friday, January 14, 2011

Past Project Friday

Every Friday I will be posting some sort of crafty project that I have completed in the past.  It could be anything from baking, to sewing, needlecrafts, art, decorating, etc.


Handmade Mittens

I made these mittens three years ago using a tutorial from Sew, Mama, Sew that currently doesn't seem to be working.  But I basically just traced my hand, adding on a very generous seam allowance.  I used this for the outer fabric and lined the inside with fleece.  I also sewed some elastic to the wrist in the lining, so they don't slip off.  They are incredibly cozy.

Recycled Crochet Trim

The vintage, crocheted trim I picked up from a garage sale.  I haven't seen these babies since the move, but I'm hoping to find them soon since Michigan has been COLD lately!  Hope you all are staying warm - have a cozy weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment