Monday, April 30, 2012

Kid's Clothes Week Challenge

DSC_0399

I didn't plan on participating in Elsie's Kid's Clothes Week Challenge this year, but a visit to a local quilt shop led me to this fabric, which was just screaming out to be made into a shirt for Phoebe.

DSC_0386

I used Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee pattern, which is super quick and simple.  I made this in size 2T since that fit Phoebe really well when I sewed with it a mere three months ago, but this waffle weave cotton doesn't seem to have as much stretch as a typical knit, so when she went to try it on, she got a little stuck in the shoulders and arms.

DSC_0394

After almost scrapping the whole shirt, I decided to chop off the arms (it was originally long sleeved), and that seemed to be just the ticket!

DSC_0405

A fun animal shirt for my animal loving girl.

9 comments:

  1. Cute! I haven't been to that shop, but I think I'll have to make an effort to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that fabric! Would it be weird as a shirt for a 30 year old? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For crying out loud, could she be more adorable?! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's so sweet (the last photo) and the top is cute too! Don't you hate it when they grow and you forget to adjust your pattern sizing?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you posted this, now I can pin it and save the link to that awesome fabric (*evil laugh!*). It's so cute. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely fabric, and beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that fabric is insanely cute! great little shirt. she is really adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness that fabric is AWESOME. WHERE did you find that??

    Also, you did an amazing job. LOVE. IT. And the model is adorbsible as usual of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need some of that fabric. The tee turned out adorable, and so is your daughter. Great pics, too. (I got here from browsing the KCWC photo pool.)

    ReplyDelete