Saturday, February 25, 2012

New and vintage fabric acquisitions

DSC_0112
I've been stuck in a bit of a thifting rut lately.  It's pretty much darn near impossible to scour the cut throat estate sales with a toddler and a newborn in tow.  Plus, estate sales are pretty few and far between in the middle of winter.  Luckily, I've got quite a backlog of items that have been in need of being washed, photographed, and listed in my shop.

DSC_0114
A couple months ago I went to an estate sale that happened to be in the home of a former quilter.  In addition to this quilt that I already showed you, I picked up eight doll quilts, a lap quilt and two gorgeous, hand pieced, trip around the world quilts.

DSC_0109
This lady must have finished each quilt then immediately stashed it away, because all of these are in such amazing condition - they look like they were just made yesterday.  And each one of them contains the most beautiful little pieces of vintage fabric that look like they were just cut right off the bolt.

DSC_0127
All of these - plus lots of more vintage sheets, fabric, and pillowcases - are all now available in my shop

Citrus Sunrise
And if vintage quilts and sheets aren't your thing - how about some new fabric?  Brenda, owner of Pink Castle Fabric, has asked me to come up with my own fabric Blogger Bundle to celebrate the move of Pink Castle from their Etsy shop to the new PinkCastleFabrics.com!

Citrus Sunrise2

I usually gravitate towards aquas, greens, and blues, but I'm ready for some sunshine and warmer weather, so this bundle entitled Citrus Sunrise is full of cheery lemon yellows, watermelon pinks, and tangerine oranges.  Delicious!  You can find this designer 12 fat quarter set available here in Brenda's shop.

5 comments:

  1. I love that bundle, it's so cheery! And those trip around the world quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bundle just looks like "you" :) Congrats on the wonderful vintage finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing finds. Your blogger bundle is so pretty, too. The colors are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those quilts are just stunning! Knowing you has really made me appreciate my grandmother's quilts a lot moe :) also, definitely going to look at Brenda's site - the fabric from her shop is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quilts are gorgeous and so are the new fabrics. dee x

    ReplyDelete