Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Drowning in paint chips

Thanks for being patient during my few and far between posts!  I've been running around like mad, trying to create some sort of order amongst all of the half-unpacked boxes and random pieces of furniture scattered throughout, all while catering to the tiny dictator of the house, known as my toddler.
Paint chips

My first order of business is to get the living room, dining room, and kitchen painted, since I refuse to put up any Christmas decorations until I can tolerate the color palette in this house!  I really like to paint - I find the entire process quite theraputic and I just love surrounding myself with color. 

Amazingly, the most stressful part for me is actually picking the color.  First I raid the paint store of almost every paint chip they have, spread them all over the floor, tape them to the walls, and agonize over finding the perfect shade for days (sometimes weeks).  And more times than not, once the room is painted I find something about the color that is just not right, so I start the entire process over and repaint (much to my husband's chagrin).

These blues/teals are going on a wall in my living room.  Since taking this picture, I painted the wall using the color swatch on the very top, ended up hating it, and already repainted it something of a more muted grey/blue which I'm completely in love with.  Stay tuned for the finished pictures.

And now - onto the dining room!

1 comment:

  1. ah yes, picking the color is the hardest for me too. I do love to paint!

    ReplyDelete